Long Beach Airport’s commercial, corporate and general aviation services are augmented by a diverse array of facilities and amenities that make the Airport Area Complex a powerful economic engine: flight schools; air cargo operations, an air manufacturing center, two Class A business parks, industrial facilities, and a hotel and municipal golf course.The numbers paint the picture of our complex’s economic benefits:
- More than $6 billion in sales and approximately $1.4 billion in payroll directly generated by 417 business establishments
- At the regional level, with indirect and induced impacts, an increase in this number to $11 billion in goods and services
- Employment of high-paying 18,000 direct and 25,000 indirect jobs
- More than $53 million spent by overnight airport-related visitors on hotels, restaurants and other businesses
- No use of taxpayer dollars
With its diverse operations, Long Beach Airport is clearly an important component of the city’s overall vitality. As a crucial gateway to the city and the region, the airport will remain an integral component of our transportation and economic system for years to come.
For more information, reports and statistics regarding Long Beach Airport’s economic, environmental, air traffic and passenger activity click here